Height & Weight
The average Goat has an overall height of 30.0" (2’6”) | 76 cm, withers (shoulder) height of 24.0" (2’) | 61 cm, and body length of 39.0" (3’3”) | 99 cm. A typical Goat weighs between 44-310 lbs | 19-140 kg and has a lifespan of roughly 15-18 years.
Sleep & Food
Goats are herbivores, which means they eat only vegetation. Their favorite food is grass, though mountain goats also eat mosses and plants. Domesticated goats sleep about 5 hours a night, and will take short naps during the day. If they have a companion goat, goats prefer to sleep huddled together.
• Like dogs and other animals, Goats can be taught their name and to come when called!
• Goats were one of the first animals to be tamed by humans and were being herded 9,000 years ago.
• Goat meat is the most consumed meat per capita worldwide.
• Goats can be taught their name and to come when called.
• The life span of a goat is about that of a dog.