Height & Weight
Guinea pigs are large for rodents; the common pet breeds weigh between 700 and 1,200 g (1.5 and 2.6 lb) when full grown and measure between 20 and 25 cm (8 and 10 in) in length.
Sleep & Food
At the most basic level, guinea pigs are herbivores. That means that they just eat fruits and veggies—no dairy, eggs, meat, or insects for these little guys. The average guinea pig typically only sleeps around four hours each day, usually in short naps of no more than 10 minutes each.
• Guinea pigs have four toes on their front feet, but only three on their back ones. While this may be good for tunnelling and burrowing, it means they are not very agile and are very poor climbers who will only manage to scale low-pitched ramps.
• They are not related to pigs at all
• They don't get on with rabbits
• They like to chat to each othe
• They scent mark their stuff
• They only sleep for short periods
• They can break dance
• They have an odd number of toes