Height & Weight
Chickens have a squat and rounded appearance. They stand less than 70 cm (27.6 inches) tall and weigh approximately 2.6 kg (5.7 pounds) on average
Sleep & Food
Chickens don't actually like to cuddle when they sleep. They like to sleep on their own high off the ground, which keeps them safe from predators.
Most Chickens like to eat growing grasses, like clover, buckwheat, and Kentucky bluegrass. They eat broad-leaved weeds of all kinds. They eat the growing tips as well as the seeds of these plants. Chickens also eat earthworms, insects, and slugs of all kinds
• Chickens have the ability to sleep with one eye open and the other closed! During this form of sleep, one half of their brain gets a rest while the other side keeps an eye out for predators!
• There are more chickens on earth than people – 25 billion.
• Chickens can remember over 100 different faces of people or animals.
• A mother hen turns her eggs about 50 times per day, and can lay more than 300 eggs per year.
• The color of the egg depends on the chickens earlobes. Red ear lobed chickens lay brown eggs, while white ear lobed chickens lay white eggs.